With road bumps and down pours I am finding some much needed distractions to be exactly what I need to preoccupy my mind from going overboard with emotions. It's nice that the simple things are the most important things to be so great-full for.

Discovering rollie pollies and ants and other creepy crawlers for the first time. Bringing excitement and curiosity and the babble of a one year old trying to tell us the things he knows, the interest he shares.

Or just catching a tired little boy, holding tightly to his puppy, just laying and waiting for his sleepy time to come. When I get to cuddle with these two little people, their heads laying gently on my lap and I can gently stroke their hair while their little sister kicks softly inside me. Those are the distractions I so welcome.

When I much rather spend my afternoon coloring my sidewalk, singing nursery rhymes with my buddy, who I missed all morning long, instead of stressing over dinner, or the maze of toys that now cover my much needed to be swept floor.

Or worry that the dishes need to be done right after dinner and instead enjoy bath and story time and find new discoveries in old toys or workout gear. These are the things that I enjoy more. And these are the moments that remind me that calls to insurance companies, and making appointments may not be my favorite things, and things that stress me out, but they are welcomed by these wonderful distractions. Distractions that I don't mind having... Not At All!!!






5 comments:
Kristin, I love this post. You couldn't have said it any better. I am so happy that you take the time to enjoy the little moments. They are what make life so special. I tell ya - let's 'Get Gephardt' and I am dead serious!
Cute pics Kristin! I love the discovering rollie pollies..Ella would have said EWWWW!
These are all wonderful distractions - I remember the first time I found rolly pollies...they really are wonderful!
IT was so fun to see you guys the other night. You boys are too cute! Hang in there!
Cute kids Kristin! I haven't seen you for a long time and it was so good to catch up on things through your blog, you are really an amazing mom so keep up the good work!!! Be happy with the little things in life.
Post a Comment