if you give a three year old a fishing pole for his birthday, he is going to want to go fishing the minute he unwraps that package.
seriously, from the moment Chase and Fisher both got their fishing poles, I have been asked everyday when are we going to go fishing. And since Wayne was gone for most of the week, the wait was pure torture for them. So Monday night I decided to pack a picnic style dinner and show Wayne our new favorite park. A park that just so happens to be on Lake Lenexa and lets everyone fish for as long as they want!
A learning lesson on how to tie your line.
The boys were so excited to finally fish. I was amazed at how well they listened to the instructions Wayne gave them and how hard they concentrated reeling that line in. It was so fun to watch them.
And poor Miss Bre so badly wanted to join in on the fishing fun. I think we will be adding a princess fishing pole to our collection soon. But we had our own fun playing in the rocks and taking walks long the bridges and paths. This place is just a beautiful place to be in.
The only thing we were able to catch that night, a tiny frog! Sabrina loved looking at that frog. This girl loves all things animals.Even though we weren't able to catch any fish, the boys still had a blast just fishing and Wayne and I just enjoyed watching them. I have a feeling that there will be many more fun filled days of fishing ahead of us!










2 comments:
how gorgeous are these! what special fun for wayne and the boys! looks like some warm sun is out your way. how great!
You will have to tell me where this park is! Logan got a fishing pole for his birthday last year, and has only gotten to use it twice I think. Tony and Logan should go fishing with Wayne sometime!
Avery found a princess fishing pole in Branson...we didn't get it, but may have to one day!
Post a Comment