Last weekend we decided on a last minute whim to drive up to Omaha and check out their zoo. If you really know me you know that I studied Landscape Architecture in college and through that course fell in love with Zoo design. Ever since then I have become obsessed with Zoos and want to visit and see as many as I possibly can. So when Wayne said lets go, I was already packed and in the car waiting before I could say yes!
I am just going to put this right out there... I LOVE the Omaha Zoo! We have heard so many wonderful things about this zoo and this place was definitely worth the three hour drive to visit it.
The zoo is massive and has the most amazing enclosures for it's animals. They are living pretty nice with waterfalls and giant trees everywhere. Plus the zoo also has a huge aquarium with penguins and sharks and two I Max theaters. Since we already had a zoo pass with the Kansas City Zoo we got 50% off tickets and since kids three and under are free it only cost $18 to go! Love it!
This zoo definitely had the most gorillas then any other zoo I have been to before. The kids loved watching them and seeing all the other monkeys too!
The zoo also had a really fun children's place. Here you could dig for fossils, walk through an extinct garden and pet the animals in the petting zoo.
After we walked around a bit and looked at a lot of the animals, Wayne took Chase to go on the sky ride and see all the animals from above.
Sabrina fell asleep and Fisher did not want to go on the ride so I took him to the play area so he could play while we waited for the boys to get done with the ride.
We really, really liked this zoo. The only draw back was walking through the aqaurium. It was packed with so many people that it was hard just to walk through it, let alone admire the animals. Other than that, I would go back! again and again! It was such a fun place and we spent the entire day there and still didn't get to see every animal or cool enclosure.
I am hoping we can go back and visit again soon when I am not so pregnant and it isn't so hot out!!







2 comments:
I feel like that rhino baking in the sun!
Great pictures!! Let's go together next time.
Well so neat to know you as "landscape architect" Kristin as well as Mom Kristin. Zoos are fun, however I have only ever been to one (that I can recall) in Calgary, Alberta. Your photos are always great. Hope you get there again. I have no concept of where you live, but is it a far drive to Omaha?
Post a Comment