As you may have noticed in previous pictures, Wayne has been growing a nice Grizzly Adams type beard.
Apparently he was growing it for a good reason.
What is Movember you ask?
During November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of mustaches on thousands of men’s faces, in the US and around the world. With their Mo's, these men raise vital awareness and funds for men's health issues, specifically prostate and testicular cancer initiatives.(source: http://us.movember.com/about/)
Let's be honest. I am not a big fan of mustaches. They kind of creep me out, and there have been many times when Wayne and I are having a discussion and I brake out into a laugh or a big smile because I really can't take him seriously with that hairy thing on his lip.
But, it's for an amazing cause and he convinced over 20 buddies from his office to join in and create a team. So that totally makes up for the creepiness factor.
Here is the link to his team if you would like to donate: http://us.movember.com/mospace/4176865
You stay classy San Diego!











3 comments:
Okay, I totally just started laughing out loud when I read the part about you breaking out laughing in the middle of a conversation. I would too!!
Good job Wayne!
Oh I get it now! I can't believe he grew his stache before November so that it would be big and thick for Nov 1! Hilarious! Well done! There are a lot of 5 o'clock shadow stache's around there these days. Soon they will all be creepy looking guys! Its so funny, eh? Kevin and I were just talking yesterday about his facial hair. As you may recall, he normally sports the whole deal and I was asking him to keep it trim as its not so great to give him a smooch when there are bristles in the way. Now I like the facial hair but when it starts to look ratty, then I give him the nudge for a trim. Anyway, he proceeds to tell me that he is going to NOT trim at all in honour of Movember. Are you kidding me!? In fact, he said that because his work will be light in December that he could probably get away without doing any trimming until JANUARY! Poor guy just doesn't get that he WON'T be gettin' any smooches from me looking like a werewolf! Ah! Good ol' Movember! Well done Wayne!
and oh my goodness, do the boys ever look like him! (minus the stache of course!)
Post a Comment