Wednesday, January 2, 2013

colorado christmas

I love heading back to colorado for Christmas. It brings up so many memories i had as a child and i love seeing my kids excited going to Grandma and Grandpa's house. They love spending time and playing with their cousins and I love being back "home", even if it for just a short while.

I didn't take nearly enough pictures of our trip. Once we arrived Wayne came down with a horrible flu/cold and was literally bedridden for most of the trip. I spent most of my time chasing down little kids, helping my mom cook and bake and of course catch up with good friends and family. It was busy, but a good busy and I loved every minute of it.
Photobucket Fisher quickly attached himself to his cousin Emily. She was absolutely amazing with him and the created the most special bond. I am so thankful for all of my nieces and nephews. They are so great with my kids and my kids just adore them! It made it a fun reunion. 
 Photobucket we love our quiet and cuddle times in colorado too. 

On Christmas Eve each family made a yummy soup and we baked lots of fun treats to eat and snack on. That night we gathered around to watch Christmas movies and play Christmas pictionary(boys against girls). We quickly checked to see where Santa was and all got ready for bed. When we awoke we were all excited to see that we were welcomed with a white Christmas and lots of fun snow to play in! 
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket We waited for my brother Geoff and his fiance to arrive before we opened presents. But in the meantime there were plenty of naps to be had and lots of yummy snacks to devour. 
Photobucket present time!! 
Photobucket meet the new resident of our home, spiderman! Chase hasn't taken off this mask since Christmas! 

We loved our Christmas in Colorado! We had so much fun and it was so nice to be with family!! 

Hope you all had a very merry Christmas too!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh super bummed for Wayne, but otherwise, this sounds like a comfy and cozy Christmas with family. YAY! Happy New Year!

*Jess* said...

I've never been to Colorado! How fun to get to go home for the holidays :) Did it snow?