On Saturday I ran the first run or dye 5k in Kansas City and it was so incredibly fun. There were over 4000 people signed up for this race, but they had it so completely organized and it ran incredibly smooth. I heard a lot of complaints from friends who ran other color runs saying that they don't get hit with a whole lot of color unless you run right up to the person, but this race did not have this problem. There were a total of six dye stations and at everyone there were at least six people throwing color on you. Even when it seemed like a lot of people going through the color stations, the volunteers still decked you with color. And trust me, it was so much FUN! Through every station my good friend, Christy, and I would cheer and laugh and begged for more color.
This is was definitely a run that I would sign up for again(through groupon of course! It can be expensive for a 5k). And I would definitely love to run it with more friends. Christy and I had so much fun, and even though this wasn't a timed race, we still ran it in 23 minutes. It was a super easy and a super flat course with a lot fans cheering you on! I would definitely recommend this fun race to anyone! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment