Monday, May 5, 2014

12 months of running | may | kansas city temple run 5k

This past Saturday I got to run the super fun Kansas City Temple Run 5k. I love this race for so many reasons. It's just a fun and easy 5k that is a relatively flat course around the Kansas City Temple. But let me tell you, there are some seriously fast fast people who run this race. Like super fast! I got a new PR(personal record for a 5k) at 21:44. That's a 7 minute mile and I still was the third female to cross the finish line and probably 18th or so overall. Those boys can run!! I was so excited at how hard I pushed myself and how good I felt this entire race. Such a huge accomplishment! 
 photo 20140503_085622copy_zpsa6ab915c.jpg I love this race too because they have so much for families and the kids to do. Before the race they had a huge pancake breakfast. The kids loved the yummy food!
  photo 20140503_084052copy_zpsa9494cd8.jpg This year they had a raffle for all of those who participated in the race. They did right before we ran so I was standing at the starting line and Wayne and the kids had my ticket. It was exciting when they called the first number out and I saw Wayne excitedly running to the announcer. We won and autograph Kansas City Chiefs hat from the head coach, Andy Reed!
  photo 20140503_091417copy_zps7399001f.jpg Of course while I was running, Wayne was able to meet and get a picture with Andy Reed. He is now a converted Chiefs fan. It will be interesting in our household come football season. Even though I am a diehard Broncos fan and the Chiefs are our biggest rival, I have always liked Coach Andy Reed and he is such a nice guy even in person! Wayne also got to me Jeremy Guthrie from the Kansas City royals too, another super nice guy! So this was a such an awesome experience!! 
  photo 20140503_110336copy_zps6107e4a4.jpg With my new PR I got first place in my age group! 
  photo 20140503_085201copy_zps689e1000.jpg Love that my family loves to come watch me race and cheer me on! They are seriously the best cheerleaders ever! 

 photo 1_zps9a8db84e.jpg
And even after my big race they had a fun one for the kids. Sabrina was the only one who wanted to run and she was so excited when she crossed that big finish line and got a medal herself! She loves running with her mom!
 photo 20140503_102819copy_zps51facf1e.jpg now on to my race for June!! :)

  photo signature_zpsf38900e9.png

No comments: