Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wayne's Sad Boat




It was a sad day for fishing in Lake Powell this past weekend. Wayne went down in hopes of making the Utah State team and was excited to get on the water and find the big fish! He had been practicing for the past two weekends, taking friends to camp along Lake Powell so that he could be prepared for the big tournament. However, ten minutes into the tournament, Wayne's motor decided it wasn't going to stay on the boat.
Wayne was going the typical tournament speed in a boat, around 70 mph. It was fast, so when the motor became lose from the boat, it sent them spinning! They spun so fast it flew out Wayne's Co-angler into the freezing water and slammed Wayne around in the front of the boat. Luckily both Wayne and his Co-angler survived the terrifying accident with a few bruises and some shaken up nerves.
It took awhile for Wayne to get his boat towed and off the waters, but as soon as he was on shore he was able to comprehend the full damage. The motor was completely totaled and the back of his boat is pretty messed up. Hopefully he will be able to get his new boat repaired in time for his two biggest tournaments this spring. We will keep you posted!!

4 comments:

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

So sad!! Poor Wayne!

Kim Goddard said...

I am so sorry! I'm glad that he was able to come home to you though!!!! Best wishes!

Marci said...

I can't believe it! That must have been so scary! I am so glad Wayne is ok, but poor boat! How are you feeling? I have missed you like crazy! I am also so glad I found your blog. Love you!

Britanie said...

Hey, I hear rumors that you've had your baby!?!? Well is it true? I hope everything is well, and I'll watch for an update!