It's always hard saying goodbye to a love one. It can be sad. It can be happy. But it's still hard to let them go. Even though you know this love one is going on to a much happier place. A place full of old friends, relatives and loved ones. There is just this piece inside you that just wishes they could be by your side forever.
Saying goodbye to Buppa (my grandpa) was extremely hard for me. I know that he is a much better place, resting peacefully and being welcomed by our Heavenly Father and the love of his life, my grandma. And even though I knew this time was coming, it was still hard to hear that he was gone.
My Buppa was always full of life. Closing in on the age of 98, you just thought that this man was going to live forever. He was just an amazing person. Full of energy, humor, love for his family and so outgoing. I will never forget Buppa's laugh. It was contagious and you always heard him laughing. He was full of jokes and humor and always had something funny to talk about. He just loved life.

This is classic Buppa. I am so greatful my wonderful sister-in-law sent me this picture. This is how I will always remember him. A cold drink in one and and a joke coming out of his mouth.
Because of Buppa, I have such a great outlook at how I want to live my life. Just loving everything about it. Staying positive, keeping active and just loving my family. He is exactly who I want to be when I am nearing my 100's. He is the reason I love Denver so much. Because of him, I love the Denver Broncos, the Colorado Rockies. I love Botchi ball and I have become quite competitive at it... thanks to Buppa. I love going putt putt golfing and every time I see a Volkswagen Bus all I can think of is Buppa cramming me, my brothers and sister and all of my cousins into the back so that he could take us to the I-max theater to learn about the universe, grand canyon or the ocean.
He was truly one of the best grandpas in the world. I am so glad that he was mine. That he loved me as much as he did and that he left me with some of the best memories in the world. He will definitely be missed, but he will never be replaced, he will never be forgotten.

Buppa,
I love you with all of my heart. You have truly been a wonderful grandpa to me, my boys and my family. I will never forget the way you loved me. The way you always made me laugh and smile. I will never forget the way you smelled, the way you laugh or the way you kissed and hugged me so tight before I left. I will never forget the time you asked me to dance with you at my brother's wedding and teaching me how to two-step so gracefully. I will always remember that you loved your family so much and how you loved grandma so tremendously that you almost lost yourself when she left us. But you always stayed amazingly happy and upbeat. Looking for ways to keep yourself so happy and content.
I will never be able to watch a Broncos game without wondering if you would want to fire this new coach after the game. And every 4th of July fire works I will think how they would look sitting on top your porch and hearing the laughter of cousins and aunts and family so close by. Botchi Ball wont be the same without you as a competitor and only you could love poodles so much.
Buppa, you were the best. Thank you for the memories. I can't wait to share them with my kids for years and years.

I love you Buppa. Forever and for always.
1 comment:
I'm so sorry for you and your families loss - but great pictures of him! :) Love you! xoxo
Post a Comment