Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tennessee

Well, I finally got around to posting some pictures from our trip to Tennessee. Wayne did okay in his tournament and even though he didn't get to fish in the finals, he was able to make a day of sight seeing with the family!

We were so lucky to have such amazing weather while we were in Knoxville and Nashville. It's crazy to believe that just a week later most of these places were flooded with water!



The Grand Ole Opry. They had the most amazing and beautiful hotel there. With gardens and shops and waterfalls inside. I mentioned to Wayne that the next time he has a tournament in Tennessee, I am staying at the Grand Ole Opry Hotel!

As we were leaving Knoxville we decided to stop and see one of the largest tree houses in the world. This one was built by a minister. He was prompted by Heavenly Father to build this tree house and have people worship there. It was pretty amazing all that he put into it, and also a little creepy when walking through it.


Chase waiting so patiently for daddy to weigh-in.

Owen posing for the camera!

One of the best things about Tennessee is that there are national and state parks everywhere! This one was only ten minutes away and we decided to check it out real quick. This is Amber and Owen on the scary bridge you had to cross. Owen loved it!

Chase enjoying being outside!

Fisher checking out the waterfalls!
Wayne saw this sign and had to get a picture. I guess it's the town joke.


Wayne and his co-angler riding in. Even though Wayne didn't do so great, his co-angler Matt won the tournament for the co-angler side. This is a pretty amazing accomplishment considering that Matt is only 18!!

I am sorry I don't have any pictures of Wayne weighing in and all of that fishing stuff. During the weigh-ins I had my hands pretty fool with two little boys who just wanted to run around. Maybe next time!

No comments: