
Yesterday I got the privilege to go and volunteer at Fisher's school and learn the core structures and techniques they use when they work with him. They recommend that each parent comes at least once a month for three hours at a time and learn the training the teachers use when they are helping their students learn and function. I was more than excited for this wonderful opportunity and was so eager to learn as much as I can so that I can take this training and use it in our home.
The minute I arrived they had me sit down with Fisher's teacher and watch how she works with him. Right now we are trying to get Fisher to stay focused, respond to his name and make eye contact. Fisher was so excited to see me and a little confused as to why I was there that he had a really hard time staying focused. But after a few minutes he got right back into the program and I was able to work one on one with him the way the teachers would. I was so happy to see this little boy of mine grow and learn and smile and laugh. He showed me his favorite toys, and where he sits and he would grab my hand every so often to make sure I would look at him and acknowledge him. I got to join him with singing and reading time and then I went to lunch with him.
I am amazed at this little boy. His teacher and aids told me that he is a really fast learner and a lot smarter than we think, than he leads us on to believe. He has passed almost all of his core learning and is beginning to move on to newer and harder things. He is beginning to learn more words and I am excited to see what the next few months will bring for him! I mean the other day I caught him counting to ten! I was SO happy to hear those numbers.
I am so grateful that I have these opportunities to work one on one with my son and help him grow and succeed. I am really blessed to have him in such a wonderful program and school to help both of us on our journey.

As I am watching Sabrina grow I am noticing more and more how much she looks like her two older brothers. Her two brothers who don't look a lot a like. Somehow I think Sabrina got a good mix of the two (in my opinion). A lot of her facial expressions remind me so much of Fisher and she is a chunk just like Fisher was but when she is sleeping and when she smiles she looks just like Chase.
I don't know... what do you think?





2 comments:
That's awesome you got to go to Fisher's classroom, and it's wonderful that he is doing so great!!
What an amazing experience for you and what a great school Fisher is at, I am so happy. He is so cute! I love that picture of him. And I was so confused in the baby pictures because of Fisher's BLUE eyes. Wow, they were so blue, when did they change?
Post a Comment