Lately the weather here in Kansas City has been amazing. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I was really hoping for a white Christmas this year, but I am not complaining at the 60 degree weather we have been having this winter thus far!
We love spending our days outdoors, so when Wayne called to tell me he was getting off work early on Friday, we quickly loaded the kids in the van and headed out to the Kansas City Zoo!

We love our new zoo. It's big and there are so many different animals to see and different places to play. But because it is so big it takes a whole day to visit the whole park, so we opted for a few places and animals to visit and that turned out to be pleanty for our kiddos.

Fisher loves the Polar Bear exhibit and this winter weather was the perfect time to see them play and swim and have a lot of fun. We watched them for quite a bit and I think Fisher could of stayed there all day to watch them.

This first picture just makes me laugh. Now that we have Fisher potty trained and we are working on Chase they are both curious about other things that go potty. Thank you "Everybody Poops!" So yes, they are pointing out where the polar bear potties.

We love having fun with all of the picture opportunities!

Save the polar bears!

The kids really love the sea lion exhibit. They love watching these creatures swim and play and we actually kept coming back to see them because they are just so much fun to watch!



The Capybara. I don't know what it is, but this thing just creeps me out. It could be the fact that it's the worlds largest rodent or the fact that it looks like a giant guinie pig, and to me that just aint right. But whatever it is, this thing just stared me down the whole time we were there. Creepy!

I love watching my kids. I love how they watch the animals play and run by. I love the expressions they make.


She was just so fascinated by all of the monkeys! She just loved watching them play.

Towards the end of our trip, Chase was getting bummed out that we hadn't seen any snakes yet. Thankfully we walked right by this large snake play thing and Chase just lit up with excitement! He was so happy to that he got play and run through it that he actually forgot about seeing real snakes. It was a good thing too, because by the time we got the snake exhibit they were already closed for the night.

It didn't take long after we buckled the kids in their car seats that the whole van became completely silent. I looked back to see three very tired kids all asleep in their seats! So sweet!
We had such a fun and wonderful day as a family at the zoo. I love days and times like these and I wish we could do this every Friday afternoon.





No comments:
Post a Comment