Wednesday, February 22, 2012

progress

Photobucket
A week ago we got to meet with Fisher's teacher, OT therapist and speech therapist to discuss the progress Fisher is making at his new school. It's no surprise that in the few short months he has been attending this school, he was already showing great progress and growth beyond our expectations. But after meeting with them, I was just floored with all of the new strengths he has developed.

Photobucket
Fisher's speech alone has improved dramatically. He is saying full sentences that are clear and easy to understand. He can express when he is hungry or needs to go potty and he is beginning to say "I" instead of talking in the third person. He makes such great eye contact now and it's quite funny, because now he makes you look at him when he is talking to you.  His social and sharing skills are so amazing too. He takes turns willingly and loves to have someone playing with him now, instead of just playing by himself. 

He has grown so much and I just can't believe how fast he caught on to things. I love watching him write his name or read along in a book.  I love that he will eat everything we put on his plate at dinner or dress himself in the morning. But the biggest thing that I am so loving right now our the mornings he comes to wake me up and he looks directly in my eyes and says "I love you Mama!" I can't express in words how much that makes me feel. I honestly thought it would be a long time before I heard that from him and now he says it on his own and without prompting!!
Photobucket
I am so so extremely thankful for the amazing teachers and aids Fisher has been blessed with at this new school. You know, moving is hard and at times it was a struggle for us to find a new niche and balance and learn our new place. But after seeing the amazing progress and growth Fisher has made, I know that this was part of His plan for us. Fisher needed this place and honestly so did we.

Photobucket

1 comment:

N Luthi said...

How wonderful!!! What amazing progress!