This year I am a room mom. People think I am crazy, with having a newborn baby and two other small children, but it kind of just accidentally happened.
Last year, no one offered to be room mom for Fisher's class and his amazing teacher and aids put all the parties and activities together themselves. They did an amazing job, but I felt so bad that they didn't have much help. I did come to all of his parties and offered as much of my service they would take, but this year I wrote down that I would love to help out again if needed, like be an assistant or something. Well, somehow that information got passed along and the next thing I know I am getting emails for room mom meetings and other things. Fisher's teacher offered to take over things again with having a newborn and all but this time I felt like I could do it.
I am not going to lie though, after the first room mom meeting and the list of the many things you must do, I felt pretty overwhelmed. Thank you pinterest and my amazing husband, I was able to come up with a few fun games, crafts and snacks for a very awesome party for my son and his classmates.
I made these awesome monster dice out of styrofoam cubes and googly eyes. I got the idea from here and the kids just loved playing the game. They were cute to watch!
I also made this sensory scavanger hunt game for them. I died the rice orange and added black beans. Then I got different kinds of halloween trinkets and candy for them to dig and find. Huge success!
For the craft I found this cute idea from Better Homes and Garden to make Bat sock puppets. I took kids socks and glued the wings and ears on for them and then the kids got to put the eyes, mouth and fangs on themselves.
They also got to make funny mouths out of apple slices, peanut butter and marshmallows and then eat them afterwards.
We also decorated cupcakes and sang songs. It was so much fun and I really enjoyed putting it all together. I even had a couple moms volunteer to help me with the winter party. So... Yay!!
I can't express how much I love this kid! He is such a fun little boy and it was so awesome to see him with his friends and get excited over games!
A fun time for us all for sure!!






2 comments:
seriously! how do you do it?
^ ditto that message above! ^
Seriously, room mom extraordinaire! Well done! Bet it was nice to feel that connection with Fisher on that day, eh? Well done Kristin! Looks like a fantastic bit of fun!
Post a Comment