Thursday, May 23, 2013

when Pops and Memaw came to visit

I am way late on posting this post and getting updated on the blog! Things have been just a teeny(and by teeny I mean big of course) crazy around here. With Pre-school graduations, and parties and meetings and activities. We've been busy but oh so loving it!

Also, all these pictures are thanks to my wonderful step-mother-in-law, Lisa a.k.a Memaw. For some reason I have lost ALL of the pictures from this trip and I am so glad that she shared her wonderful photos with us to share with you!

Pops and Lisa came all the way from cold and snowy Alaska to cold and snowy Kansas City. I thought for sure this would be a warm week but of course we had a crazy spring and well it snowed May 4th just for them!

Once they arrived we headed straight down to Branson, MI because that's where we take all of our guest and because they wanted to visit one of our favorite places too!

 photo DSC00188copy_zps7e9a1000.jpg Silver Dollar City. Even though it was a little chilly it made it perfect for the park. No lines, no crowds and just beautiful to walk through the park. We had a blast.
  photo DSC00183copy_zpsbe8d1602.jpg  photo 1_zpsce8e9e3f.jpg It was also international week so there where lots of different bands playing their local music and we were able to stop and enjoy it along the way. 
 photo 2_zpse5ad76a5.jpg And of course Wayne and I could ride the new and scary wooden roller coaster that has three loops and huge and terrifying drop and the only thing that keeps you in your seat is the lap bar. I should add there is nothing to hold on to either unless your husband is willing give up their hand the entire ride(thanks hunny!) 
 photo 3_zps31a24c91.jpg this little boy is definitely loved!
  photo DSC00300copy_zps9d9a6695.jpg  photo DSC00322copy_zps417bc11e.jpg  photo DSC00376copy_zps66c27634.jpg After Silver Dollar City we headed over to the Branson Show Boat for dinner. It was awesome! 
 photo DSC00378copy_zps5828773f.jpg  photo DSC00379copy_zpsa39f405d.jpg The next day we spent visiting Branson and playing at their family fun center before we headed back home to Kansas City. On Saturday I had a 5k in the early morning and it was so wonderful to have Pops and Lisa and the family there to cheer me on! 
 photo DSC00417copy_zps9cfb5ee0.jpg I ran it with my good friend Christy and thanks to here she help me get a new PR(personal record) 23.4 and we both got third in our age group!
  photo DSC00423copy_zpsae1ca0a9.jpg Thanks Lisa for the pic!! 
 photo DSC00426copy_zpseb962e33.jpg Afterwards we headed to the plaza to go to Legoland and the aquarium!
  photo DSC00430copy_zps9b421987.jpg  photo DSC00447copy_zps73109bca.jpg downtown Kansas City completely built with legos and a few star wars characters added as well! 
 photo DSC00452copy_zps3f449738.jpg  photo DSC00454copy_zps83e56c5a.jpg we love legoland! 
 photo 4_zps6667063c.jpg and we love when Pops and Memaw come to visit!!
  photo DSC00539copy_zpsd2ebd1b7.jpg and of course you have to eat at Fritz while you are here! The only place where trains deliver your dinner! We had such a fun and wonderful time with Wayne's Dad and step-mom. So glad that they could come and spend a couple days with us!! Sorry the weather wasn't a little bit warmer! Next time it will be!! :)

  photo signature11_zpsb0381cef.jpg

3 comments:

Red headed left handed Bishops said...

We want to come back!!!

*Jess* said...

That place looks SO fun! And wouldn't you want to be the lego employee that gets paid for building city replicas? What a cool job!

Kristin said...

Oh wow! (I always remind myself that you do what you do with 4 kiddos) Holy moly! You guys are awesome! Yay for extra hands and family to help out when they can! And what a packed post! Love all the fun and great photos of it captured! Neat to see lots of YOU and your family when you're not the one behind the camera! Congrats again on your 5km! That's a big deal!
PS. no one can be as far behind in blogging as i am I have 23 posts in draft format! So lame! ; )