Monday, June 3, 2013

may randoms

I know I have said it before, May was a busy month for us. We had visitors and meetings and birthday parties pretty much every weekend. It was full and crazy but definitely fun!
 photo 4_zps326465f4.jpg We spent a lot of days outside in the sun. Oliver just loves the grass and doesn't mind sitting in it. He just plays and watches and is so easily entertained.
  photo DSC_7624copy_zps37b7b8a8.jpg Sabrina and her beloved Mickey. He goes everywhere with her and I absolutely love it! 
 photo DSC_7810copy_zpsf353a5e4.jpg At the beginning of the month I had a special day with just Fisher. Wayne was out of town and Fisher had a birthday party to go to and I had agreed to a photo shoot for engagement pictures that morning. I wanted Fisher to enjoy this day so I scheduled a babysitter and took him to the photo shoot with me in the morning. It just so happened to be at our favorite park so we went early so he could just run and play. He loved it and we had the entire park to ourselves. 
 photo DSC_7803copy_zps288ff0ef.jpg After the park and the photo shoot we went out to lunch, just the two of us, and shopping and then to his friend's birthday party. It was such a wonderful day and I miss just hanging out with just him. Wayne and I discussed how important these one on one dates are and we are making it a permanent fixture to do this with each kid once a month. So far it has been a great success!
  photo 5_zpsd623095a.jpg This month we also met with Fisher's new school for kindergarten. I can't believe he is going to be in kindergarten! He is going to be integrated into our home school and in a normal and typical classroom with a para for only 3 hours out of the day. They all believe that he doesn't need a full time aid with him and he will be going full day five days a week. We are so proud of our Fisher and the HUGE accomplishments he has made. The new team at his new school seems absolutely wonderful and I know we are just going to love him but I am so going to miss the amazing staff at his pre-school. They are amazing in every single way. 
  photo DSC_8608copy_zpse582d410.jpg It's been a new tradition to visit the zoo the week school gets out! Hippos are one of our favorite attractions! 
 photo 3_zps5ea88861.jpg  photo DSC_8612copy_zps9b604f14.jpg the happiest traveler!!
  photo DSC_8647copy_zps74004f57.jpg Big smiles for riding the train! Another favorite at our zoo! 
  photo DSC_8198copy_zps19d5373a.jpg We have also been on lots of walks and trips to our favorite park, Black Hoof Park. We love having picnics and dinner there and also walking along the boardwalks in search of bullfrogs and fish. 
  photo 2_zpsdcb0a192.jpg You have to wear polarized sunglasses to see the fish! 
 photo DSC_8229copy_zps7c4ae9be.jpg  photo DSC_8205copy_zps4988902e.jpg  photo DSC_8208copy_zpscc9e4442.jpg poor miss Bre slept through this walk.
  photo DSC_8213copy_zpsd87be00d.jpg  photo DSC_8244copy_zps25cd5208.jpg and of course if you come to Black Hoof you have to go to the park too! 
 photo 1_zps4ada9fee.jpg Oliver loves, loves, LOVES to swing! 
  photo DSC_8246copy_zps1ade9e33.jpg Such a fun and awesome May! We are excited for summer and can't wait to see what the month of June brings us!!

  photo signature11_zpsb0381cef.jpg

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

I'm proud of Fisher, too! That is a huge accomplishment!

Kristin said...

Love your little date with Fisher! So great to hear how well he is doing! These are all such gorgeous photos Kristin! Sabrina and all her hair! Oliver and his baby gorgeousness. Chase's big toothy smile! Love the one of Wayne and Oliver at the swing! So awesome! What a bit of fun at the park and the zoo!