Friday, November 8, 2013

washington d.c.

Wayne had another big conference in D.C. this week, and he totally surprised me when he planned a babysitter(a good friend of ours) to come stay with the kids so that I could join him for a couple days of relaxation. I haven't been to D.C. since I was in high school and I was so excited to go back and just explore. 

Needless to say, I had the days completely to myself, and so I packed my camera and just walked and explore wherever I could. I tried to visit every monument and museum, not to mention every store to shop, and just enjoyed the beautiful scenery around me. It was incredibly peaceful. The only thing I wished I would have done differently is brought my running shoes so that I could run through the beautiful parks.

I was lucky enough that our hotel was located in the best location possible. I was one block away from the White House, a couple blocks away from the Smithsonian and museums(or the mall) and the block our hotel was on was also the shopping block full of stores and eateries. It was just perfect.

 photo 1_zpsf324d676.jpg The Washington Monument  photo DSC_8929copy_zpsb6a60742.jpg The White House  photo DSC_8828copy_zps83bae232.jpg World War II Memorial  photo DSC_8821copy_zpsbb74c967.jpg World War II Memorial looking at the Lincoln Memorial  photo 2_zps711dfe31.jpg Lincoln Memorial                                                                      Washington Memorial  photo DSC_8838copy_zps3685d660.jpg Lincoln Memorial  photo 3_zps98bcef2c.jpg Lincoln Memorial  photo DSC_8890copy_zps38459d80.jpg Lincoln Memorial  photo DSC_8863copy_zps2f4361b6.jpg Korean War Veterans Memorial  photo DSC_8873copy_zps08bd563e.jpg Korean War Veterans Memorial  photo 5_zps12d66559.jpg Vietnam Veterans Memorial  photo DSC_8888copy_zps7652b405.jpg Vietnam Veterans Memorial  photo DSC_8807copy_zps24824e08.jpg Washington D.C. Capitol Building  photo DSC_8896copy_zps81c19251.jpg Jefferson Memorial  photo 4_zpsb715c5f4.jpg Jefferson Memorial  photo DSC_8926copy_zps671b6344.jpg Washington Monument from the Jefferson Memorial  photo DSC_8788copy_zps3042ca02.jpg Smithsonian Castle  photo DSC_8938copy_zpsde3fd040.jpg The Mall drinking fountain  photo DSC_8936copy_zpsaa5b228f.jpg The Mall drinking fountain  photo DSC_8930copy_zps6b920795.jpg Washington D.C. Capitol Building  photo DSC_8956copy_zps9a20dc1a.jpg Washington D.C. Zoo  photo DSC_8946copy_zps1ecae76a.jpg  photo DSC_8947copy_zps48de90d0.jpg  photo DSC_8942copy_zpse885e554.jpg Giant Panda the Washington D.C. Zoo

I really enjoyed my time at our Nation's Capital. I didn't get to take pictures of everything but I did get to see and do a whole lot. I enjoyed the peacefulness this trip brought me, but I sure did miss those four little kids of mine. I couldn't wait to get home and snuggle with them! :)

Thanks Wayne for planning a wonderful getaway!

 photo signature11_zpsccec86db.jpg

2 comments:

Red headed left handed Bishops said...

How awesome!! You've got a great husband to surprise you with a trip like that! Beautiful pictures!!

Kristin said...

Oh wow! These photos are so much bigger and more colourful here than instagram! LOVE all the fall colour pop! So awesome that you had a little getaway to yourselves...and days to enjoy all on your own! What a great bit of fun and such a gift from Wayne! ; ) If I was with Kevin right now, I'd be in Santiago, Chile...for 5 weeks. Sadly, accompanying him on work trips never is a reality. ; )