Tuesday, October 7, 2014

12 months of races | september | kansas city zoo run 4 mile run

I have to say, running four miles through a zoo full of animals and beautiful scenery is definitely my kind of running. I really enjoyed the Kansas City Zoo Run-Run for the King Penguins. It was definitely a last minute planned race but I was scrambling to fit one in to keep up on my goal of 12 months of races. I was planning on just heading down to our zoo and run the race while Wayne and the kids stayed home but once I got up and ready the kids were up too and so we made it a fun family adventure. Plus, the kids love going to the zoo so they were totally excited too!

 photo 20141005_090044copy_zps5112bb7a.jpg  photo 20141005_090045copy_zpsdb107988.jpg I love fall running. Crisp cool air is my absolute favorite and I was excited for a fun four mile run. I was on some pretty crazy medicine the week before that left me mostly sick so I haven't been able to get my usual runs in. This was a great run to start up my mojo and make me excited to keep hitting the pavement. 

The course went all through our zoo. I saw the elephants and rhinos, and a few monkeys watching us run by. We ran through the kangaroos and along the boardwalks past the cheetahs. It was fun to see my awesome family cheering me on when I got to the polar bear exhibit. This race was a relatively flat course with a few small hills here and there and just perfect!
 photo 20141005_094758copy_zpsc596c4a1.jpg I was really proud of my overall time. I averaged a 7:30 minute/mile with the first mile under 7 minutes. This run definitely makes me want to keep training and pushing myself harder. It's amazing how an awesome run can make you feel afterwards. So rejuvenating! 
  photo 1_zpsacc96bb6.jpg And of course while we were there we went to visit all of our favorite animals and enjoy a yummy breakfast and fun little crafts. 
 photo 4_zps0e0ff485.jpg  photo 2_zps99fa1c09.jpg Getting really excited for my next race! Love running the Halloween themed races! 
 photo signature13again_zpscda081ac.png

No comments: