Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Finding Perfection

I love being inspired. To come accross something that truly inspires me, uplifts me, gives me hope. I love when I find these things. They kind of turn on a light inside and remind me that you are not alone, that things do get better. And I really believe they do!

I came across this quote from one of my favorite blogs here and I absolutely love it! It's exactly what I needed to read, to be inspired from.

It's from the book The Road Less Traveled

...Life is Difficult. This is a great truth, one of the greatest truths. Once we truly know that life is difficult--once we truly understand and accept it--then life is no longer difficult. Because once it is accepted, the fact that life is difficult no longer matters.

Setbacks come and go, and we move on.

And so, I am accepting that the road I am on will be a difficult one and one I may not like to be on. But that's ok, because life keeps going. And life gets better and I think that I have good reasons to keep moving on!

Photobucket We finally are accepting that we can no longer sit and wait for things to just happen. And even though it"s not the plan we hoped for, or as easy as we want it to be... its slowly working out. And we are finally making progress!

So without help from our insurance, Wayne and I have sold many things, saved enough and we are putting Fisher into the ABA program down in Draper for a couple of months. He starts mid-July and we are so looking forward to getting him the help he needs. We also were able to get him speech therapy once a week for the whole month of July!

We are making progress people!! It's so nice to finally breath!

Photobucket
And who knew that sidewalk chalk from Wallmart would make an afternoon of fun and new experiences?

Best dollar I have spent in a long time!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Yes, this is perfection. I am one happy mama!

4 comments:

Marci said...

Oh, I am so glad you are finally able to move forward. We will be praying for you guys. Just know that I love you. You're such a good mama!

Kristin said...

Thanks Marci! You made my day!! Love and miss you lots!

The Bells said...

Kristin! Your strength amazes me. You and Wayne are such great examples of selfless parents. Fisher, Chase, and baby GIRL (oh my!!!!) are so lucky to have you. Keep up the good work and positive energy. Seriously, so many people without the struggles you have are not nearly half as positive. What a good example you are. I would love to come down sometime and spend an afternoon hanging out, laughing, and coloring on sidewalks with you guys! :)

Jen O'Malley said...

So glad you found a way to get Fisher into the ABA. Know that I am thinking about you and sending strength your way. Take care - I hope we can connect some day soon.

Jen