We did it! We packed our suitcases full of swimsuits and sunscreen. We loaded the van full of snacks and treats and refreshing drinks. We had our iPod loaded with the best music for road trips and by the afternoon we set off to the west coast. San Diego to be exact!
The boys and I have never been to San Diego and we were thrilled when Wayne planned a weekend jam packed with things to do and see. It was definitely a vacation this family will remember, and one that will be shared over a couple post on this blog.

Saturday morning we woke up early, enjoyed a tasty treat of waffles and eggs and loads of hash browns. We lathered up with sunscreen and headed to the San Diego Zoo.
If you know me well you know that while I was studying to become a landscape architect I wanted to focus my design on Zoo designs. I absolutely love visiting zoos. It's something I have to do when I visit a new state. So you could say that I was more than excited when we walked through the gates of this beautiful place and I had to make the tough decision of what I wanted to see first.
I was probably more excited to see the animals than the boys where, but they loved it just as much as I did. They lit up with the excitement of strange and new creatures to discover.

Pandas! I was so excited to watch and look at the amazing animals.
The boys loved watching these large bears chew on bamboo and sleep quietly in their beds.

I was amazed at how big this zoo is. Everywhere we turned or look there was something so fun to see or watch. Fisher kept stopping and pointing, he was just taking it all in. Learning new words for animals and enjoying the ones he already knows.
I loved watching my boys bond with their dad as they fell memorized to the movements of the animals moving so gracefully in their enclosures. They laughed and smiled and it was such a wonderful moment that has created some of the greatest memories for us to share.


And even the heat, or the walking, or being eight months pregnant couldn't stop the fun and wonderful time we had. We had an awesome time at the zoo, and I am so greatful that we got to go!

Plus we got to see beautiful San Diego and their amazing bridges by riding high up in the sky on the sky tram.
Riding high above the zoo, watching the gorillas roam the ground and the flamingos chill out in their pond, the boys loved this ride. So much in fact, we rode it twice!


And we knew it was about that time to leave when little ones rest their heads and eyes fall close and the afternoon nap welcomes us. After all, this is our first stop on our trip and we still have a lot more places to go!





1 comment:
How fun!!! Thanks for sharing all the pictures, I love seeing the boys change with each blog post!!!!....and finally a picture of you, lookin' beautiful!! xoxo
Post a Comment