Tuesday, September 14, 2010

state fair

Photobucket
We love the state fair. We went last year to both the Utah and the Alaska State fair and the boys and I had a wonderful time. We thought that last night would make a great opportunity for a fun family night!

Photobucket
Of course the boys has a blast walking through the many buildings of animals. Listening to the sheep and goats 'baaa' and the cows 'moo'.

Photobucket

Photobucket
They loved watching the little piglets play and wrestle in the soft sawdust and straw and see the enormous pigs as they walked by.

Photobucket

Photobucket
We sat and watched the giant ferris wheel go round and round and talked of one day the little ones will soon be big enough to ride it. We walked through the crowds of people and wonderful smells of the fried food, making our little stomach grumble with delight.

We got to get up and close to real nascar cars and see giant tomatoes and pumpkins. We got to smell the prettiest of flowers and watch thousands of bees working hard in their man-made hive.

The State Fair turned out to be a wonderful family time, full of smiles and wonders and beautiful moments. A wonderful time indeed!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

These shots are great - makes me want to go to the state fair now but ours isn't until mid-October.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Yes, I agree. Great photos - I don't even need to go to the fair now, I can live vicariously through your pictures! ;) Sorry I haven't called you back Kristin, I have just been swamped this week. Thanks for your sweet message though. Glad you guys had fun last night!

N Luthi said...

love it. I totally want to go now!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

You have the same syndrome I do..not in any pictures syndrome...you need to have Wayne take a few with you and the boys!

*Jess* said...

thanks for stopping by my blog! I have tons of friends that live out in Utah, but I've never been! Love your blog!