Friday, January 28, 2011

hurry up spring!

In our household, we are ready for spring.

Photobucket
After fighting nasty colds, yucky stomach bugs and multiple double ear infections, I think it's safe to say that we would like the sun and warm weather to arrive and stay and play for awhile.

We would just like to go outside and soak up those magnificent Utah rays and some much needed vitamin D.

Hurry up Spring... we miss you!

Photobucket
But this winter started off with great beginnings and new and exciting growth in our gentle giant. Fisher has been going to his new school for almost a month and in that short time frame he has shown great strides and major improvements.

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am for this little guy!

He rides the bus everyday to school and is loving it! (After a few days of tears and not so sure feelings of course) He is responding to his name, making eye contact and is even beginning to put together two word sentences! He is learning so much and I am so excited for this new program with him. He even went on his first field trip to the zoo and loved every minute of it!

We are in the process of working with a new speech therapist and creating a special book to help him communicate. I am excited that I get to work with the therapist and help create this book for him. I am anticipating to see how this book will help and to see Fisher grow in his communication skills. He is making such great progress and I just love watching him grow.

Photobucket
Yes, we are full of smiles here. And this little smile always makes us happy!

Photobucket
So as we patiently wait for spring to arrive, we will try our best to enjoy the last of winter. I mean we still have what... two, three more months yet?

At least we have our smiles!

Photobucket

No comments: