Wednesday, February 23, 2011

thank you presidents...

... for giving us a three day weekend!

For the first time ever, we went and visited our dinosaur museum down in Thanksgiving Point. I was super excited because I have been wanting to take the boys there for what seems like forever. Thankfully, Wayne had Monday off and we ventured down there early Monday morning. The minute we drove by the big building with the large T-Rex on it, the boys got excited and Chase started roaring the whole time till we walked inside.

Photobucket
The boys had an absolute blast walking through this really cool and really big museum. They loved every single minute of it.

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is a really neat museum and I can't believe it has taken us this long to go and visit it. It's definitely something we will have to do with our boys again.

Photobucket
It's no surprise that Fisher's favorite part was the under the water part. He loves anything to do with water and they have this little fish tank full of fish and he just stood there watching them swim around. I am pretty sure he would stay there for as long as we would let him... maybe it's time to get a tank of our own. Maybe...

Photobucket
And as Wayne and I were walking around we noticed these gnomes in weird places. It turns out, after I googled it, that there is a game for those who visit the museum quite frequently. Apparently there are 13 gnomes hidden in the museum and they are hidden pretty difficult. I guess the Denver Museum even does this and has 9 gnomes hidden throughout their museum.

So there you go.. if you go quite a bit you have something new to look for. Here are two for you to get started!

Photobucket

No comments: