Thursday, February 24, 2011

superhero

Fisher's school designed these t-shirts for families to purchase this year. I bought one for Fisher and one for me to help support the cause and give back to this place we so love. We didn't know what the shirt looked like or what it would say, but when he came home with his on yesterday my eyes teared up and I smiled just watching him run around.

Photobucket
He is so excited of his new shirt and he wears it so proudly. He deserves that cape, he truly is a superhero and will always be one to me.

Photobucket
This post couldn't come at a better time. Lately I have been struggling and fighting emotions as we watch Fisher grow and develop. Things that we thought we were lucky to avoiding are now showing up and Fisher's lack of communication has created new frustrations for both him and us. Even though we are seeing some major improvements in his social skills and new words, he is regressing in eye contact again and we feel like we are back at the starting line. He is learning new ways to express his frustrations, which in turn create tensions in us as parents. He has discovered the lovely sound of a high pitch scream and has quickly learned that when things don't go his way he can scream till someone caves in. The hardest thing for us as parents is learning how to discipline since he thinks time out is a fun little game of catching him and making him sit down.

Ahh... the joys of parenthood. Even though we are at a small little bump in our road to growth with Fisher, I am still seeing such amazing things come from this little boy. He is such a loving little boy, who loves his little brother and absolutely adores his baby sister. His smile makes my day and the fact that this little boy has made huge improvements in the 2 short months at his new school gives me so much hope that he can only continue to progress and grow. Getting him to talk is by far one of the most frustrating and hardest thing I have done as a parent thus far, but I know the reward for this will be so much greater.

He is an amazing little boy who I absolutely love with all of my heart. I know he will do great things and I am so excited for the person he will become.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

You're such an awesome person ;) That brought tears to my eyes.
I LOVE the shirts too.

I'm following from the hop.

ecwrites.blogspot.com