We have been really blessed that Wayne hasn't had to travel a lot during the last two months, so when he left for 9 and half days(yes i count :)), I tried my best to keep the kids and myself as preoccupied as much as possible to help pass the time away. Thankfully we have some pretty awesome friends close by who like to play us!
We pretty much spent everyday all day in our bathing suits. Playing in the kiddie pool or water table or slip-n-slide.
Miss Brea is a water girl. She loves playing in the pool and even loves the big neighborhood pool even more.
"Cheese!"
While Wayne was gone they also decided to resurface our neighborhood streets. That meant that one day our streets would be closed off for the entire day and it also meant that Fisher's bus wouldn't be able to drop him off at home. So after keeping Chase and Sabrina pretty happy shopping and eating donuts in the morning, I decided to be brave and take all three kids to the zoo after we picked up Fisher.
I'm not going to lie. I may or may not have had a tiny panic attacked when we arrived at our zoo. I love our zoo and they have ton of animals to see, but it's no Hogle or Denver Zoo. This zoo is huge and divided into two separate parts. To see all of the big and fun animals you have to ride a tram or walk 3 miles. Since we never make it to the big animals and we had plenty of time to kill I braved riding the tram with three kids in tow and a 6 1/2 month pregnant belly. It turned out much better than I hoped and the kids were thrilled to ride the tram.
We also thought it would be fun to make a big colorful mess and work on daddy's father day gift since he was gone! The kids just had a blast painting!
And right before Wayne got home we decided to show him how much we missed him and how excited we are that he is home!! Nothing beats having your daddy home to tickle and climb on!
Now it's time for Mommy's vacation, a little r&r and catching up with friends in Denver. Can't wait!!










2 comments:
oh you are so good and fun! our daddy is coming home today and your last photo has inspired a chalk greeting for him! thanks for that! looks like your weather has been fantastic for getting outside and enjoying outdoor fun! have a great vacation yourself!
Love love love all the pics!
Post a Comment