Last week we packed up the van, loaded the kids up and headed out west to my hometown in Colorado for a family reunion. I was excited, the kids were excited and we definitely made the most of this super short trip. We left Tuesday morning and took our time traveling the nine and a half hours with long stops at the Sternberg Natural History Museum in Hays, KS. and eating at one of the oldest, but yummiest, burger joints in Salina. When we finally reached my parents house we were tired but totally ready to enjoy the next few days in beautiful Colorado.
Wednesday morning my mom and my niece, Paige, and newphew, Davis, joined us for a day at the Denver Zoo. If you know me, I just love zoos and I grew up with the Denver Zoo. I have watched grow and evolve and it seems like every trip something cool and new is added to this space. It's been a long while since we all visited this zoo and they definitely added more and fun new exhibits.
After spending most of the day at the zoo we decided to call it a day and head home to let the kids play in the water and to wait for my brother and his family to arrive.
After some fun in the water the kids were ready to go to the park down the street from my parents house. It's a favorite place of the kids and must to do when we come to visit.
phew... what a day!























No comments:
Post a Comment