it's a just after nine. a little behind on bedtime. I can still hear the quiet snickers and voices of the four little people who are supposed to be asleep. I don't mind it, because before long it gets really quiet around here, and it's just me and my laptop in bed, watching reruns of funny shows on netflix and bits of reading here and there until I am tired enough to finally fall asleep.
We are going on day eight of Wayne being gone, and although I honestly and truly don't mind when he travels, especially for work and continuing his field, the days just get longer and longer and harder. We truly miss him. But it's the time alone with my four small peeps that I truly am able to spend every second of me with them and truly enjoy them.
Every evening I am trying to find new ways to get them out and moving and tiring them down to where we are all begging for bedtime. This week was hard, but it was also really fun too. And we made for some awesome adventures along the way.
I keep reminding myself that they wont be this little for long. We will once again be busy with sports and schedules and moments when going for a walk or playing on the trampoline wont be their idea of fun. But right now I am so extremely thankful that they think eating cereal for dinner or playing flashlight tag in the dark is just the coolest thing ever.
And although I feel so bad that Wayne has to miss out on our crazy adventures, I am glad that he is working so hard to support us. We are seriously counting down the hours till he arrives home. We really can't wait!
















1 comment:
You are an amazing woman to take on four littles for that long all by yourself!! You are an amazing mom and they are always having fun with you!
Maybe next business trip you should make a drive out to Utah to stay with us!!! :) We'll help you take care of your kids!!
Post a Comment