Yesterday marked the last day of summer vacation for us. Today our Mr. Fisher began his first day as a first grader, and tomorrow, two more little people from this house will join him as they begin their school routine as well.
This summer was a good one. We enjoyed every minute of it. Lots of sunshine, amazingly perfect weather(not too too hot), lots of playdates with friends, hours in the pool, traveling to different states, visiting places we have never been before. The list could go on and on. It was jam packed and crazy and just everything awesome.
Yesterday, after a morning of running errands, the kids and I decided to have picnic at the park. Which of course lead to exploring and walking along the paths.
The twins,
as I will sometimes call them because people are always asking if they are. They are too funny together, and even though they can fight quite a bit, they are still such good buddies.
We have this nice little park that has become our favorite new place. It's tucked away and hardly ever busy. It is also right near some train tracks which Fisher just loves. He loves to just sit and the grass and watch as the train goes by.
Both Wayne and I thought it would be fun to go grab a quick bite to eat for dinner to celebrate the official last day of their summer vacation. It wasn't anything too fancy but the kids loved it! And again, to finish off the night Wayne took them to their favorite park to play.
Yes, this summer was good to us. I am thankful for the fun memories we were able to create. Thankful for the endless amounts of laughter I heard or the rainy day snuggles and catching up on old movies. It was a great vacation and although it went by far too quickly, the kids are really so excited for school to begin.
Here's to a wonderful and awesome school year!






1 comment:
I think summer went by way too fast! I love your last day pictures :)
Post a Comment