I joined Wayne again at his super long conference in Las Vegas. This trip couldn't have come at a better time. I needed this. I needed the alone time, the time to sleep in a little bit longer. To be lazy and finally eat again. I needed this trip for so many reasons and I am so thankful that it was able to work through such a hectic time in our lives.
The kids and I drove all day the Sunday before my grandpa's funeral. It was another long day cramped in the car but it was greeted with family and laughter and love as we celebrated my sweet grandpa's life. His funeral was late Tuesday afternoon and once we were able to catch up with all our family we were back in the car for the 10 hour trip back home. By Thursday morning when we hopped on our plane I was completely exhausted. But both Wayne and I were excited to have this time together.
Wayne had that Friday off from classes so we decided to rent a car and drive down to the Hoover Dam. I have driven over this dam many times when I lived in Arizona but never really got to visit it. It changed a lot and now there is this giant bridge you drive over instead.
The dam tour was fun and our guide was hilarious. All I could think about was National Lampoons Vegas Vacation as I walked through the underground walls. We even stopped and ate at the most amazing little diner for brunch. Seriously, the best food I have had in a long time.
After that, Wayne was pretty much gone all day so I just kept myself busy with running in the hotel's gym, laying by the pool and reading and of course shopping. You have to shop when you are in Vegas. In the evenings Wayne and I would walk the strip and eat yummy yummy dinners at new and interesting places.
This trip was nice and relaxing and went by way too fast. I enjoyed the time I had to myself. It was really nice. But I honestly missed my four little kids waiting anxiously for me to come home. Now it's just us until daddy comes home in a couple(cough 6) more days!










1 comment:
I am SO glad you got to go! I went 3 years ago with my husband for a conference and enjoyed it so much!
Post a Comment