Wayne took advantage of the three day weekend and headed up to the Flaming Gorge to get some pre-fishing done for his big tournament in a couple of weeks, and so the boys and I decided to make the most of it by getting in some outdoor fun!
Fisher didn't have school on Friday and so we decided to go to the Hogle Zoo and see all of the animals. We went early enough to beat the heat and the crowds and the boys seemed to enjoy being outside with all of these wild animals.

Both boys just loved the elephants. Especially the new baby Zuri. We stayed and watched them eat and play and then my smart little Chase remembered the noise elephants make and began making it with them. I love how fast he catches on to things and remember things. He sure is one smart kid!


The zoo was a lot of fun and it's so nice to go now that the boys are interested in the animals and are learning new things everytime we go. When we went and saw all of the little animals, I pointed out one that looked like a cat and I told Fisher, "Look, a kitty!". Fisher then proceeded to surprise me by saying "meow, meow". I screamed in excitement how happy I was that he knew that cats say meow! It was definitely a happy moment of the day.

And our day of fun continued with going out to lunch with some of our favorite friends. Eating cheeseburgers and fries, and sharing the yummiest chocolate shake. Picking out our favorite color balloons and letting the vibration of the drive home welcome us to the sweet slumber we so desire.
And the night continued with great friends. Sharing pizza, a walk through the local farmer's market and some new and interesting music. It made for a great day and a welcomed break in our routine.

And Fisher completed his first week of school! Although it hasn't been the easiest of mornings, with Fisher holding so ever tightly on my fingers. Trying his hardest to not let go, to not see me leave, he is slowly adjusting to his new routine.
He is surprising me everyday with new mimics, and signs and words. He now says "ouch" every time he pulls my hair, because he knows it hurts. And "airplane" is sounding more and more like "airplane", plus he has the new word "balloon"! I am getting excited that he tries to repeat almost everything we say. This is definitely helping me see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am enjoying this, I really I am!!





2 comments:
Cute photos Kristin! You are going to have to teach me how to enlarge the photo. i do it but mine gets cut off!
Kristin! I just caught up on your blog...I can't believe the things your cute family is going through. Please know I will be praying for you. Keep me posted. Love you girl!
Post a Comment