Today was the first day of ABA School for Fisher. It's a preschool that is specially designed in Autism Behavioral Therapy for Autistic kids and they meet five days a week for four hours. I was always prepared for the day that Fisher would start preschool, going for a couple hours and just a couple days of the week. But this is preparing me more for kindergarten!
I am so excited for Fisher to attend this school and apparently he already loves it! He was excited to see me when I came to pick him up, but he just didn't want to leave the fun he was having. I am hoping it is like this every time. That he enjoys it so much and is learning and playing. The director of the school said Fisher did great! He took to his aids right away and was intentive and social. This is huge for an autistic child! He begins his assessment tomorrow, where they will design a curriculum based on his needs. Most likely for his communication skills and social behaviors.
I am thrilled that the first day went so well. Although I miss him terribly when he is there, Chase and I are having a great time bonding. I think this will be a good adjustment for everyone!

Wayne has found yet another new hobby to keep him and the boys pretty occupied. It's a great thing the boys love planes!

Both boys are just obsessed with planes. I think we have every book about planes and that is all Fisher wants to read. Plus we have little toys planes everywhere! So Wayne invested in some model planes that you can fly, and the boys absolutely love going to the park to watch these little things buzz throughout the sky.


So I shouldn't be too surprised that Fisher's first real word is "Airplane". I say this is his first word since he actually says it repeatedly and points to the airplane when he says it.
And Chase has many words right now. Including "Airplane", "dog", "ball", "what is that?" and "Daddy". I am still waiting on the word "mommy", but you know what? Airplane isn't that bad!

These two boys make me laugh. And I love that they are learning so fast! I am enjoying these moments. It seems like it is going by so fast!!






2 comments:
What a beautiful family you have. Really sweet kids. It is so hard to adjust when they first leave for school isn't it? I hope he continues to love it!
I am visiting via your comment at Enjoying the Small things today. I always love to say hi to a few comment leavers near mine. I know I will love anyone that loves that blog : ) Nice to meet you!
It's so great that Fisher loves going to school! That must take a huge load off your minds. I thank you so much for keeping your blog updated. It really is a special part of my day to check and see how you guys are doing from so far away.
Post a Comment